Tamarind Tahini Honey Lime Dressing
Unexpected flavor profiles from around the world that work in perfect harmony! Earthy and nutty tahini combined with pungent-sour tamarind, sweet honey, and tart lime to form a dressing that complements salads to grain bowls. Use as a finishing or dipping sauce for poultry, seafood, vegetables, and alternative proteins to bring a touch of exotic to your meals.
- ½ jar Mombasa Tamarind Simmer Sauce
- ¼ cup plain mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper (optional)
Step One – Make the Dressing
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep refrigerated. Good for 6 months refrigerated.
Step Two – Make a Quinoa Winter Grain Salad
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, bag of coleslaw, roasted winter squash such as delicata or kabocha, steamed broccoli, nuts such as blistered cashews, peanuts, or pumpkin seeds.
- Add dressing and toss together until combined. Increase or reduce dressing quantity according to your preference.
- Serve at room temperature.
Replace regular mayo with vegan mayo and use maple syrup or brown sugar in place of honey.
- Recipe can be easily doubled.
- Change up the flavor profile by replacing tahini with different nut butters such peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, almond butter, etc.
- Use any combination of your favorite grains and root vegetables.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.