- After emptying Zanzibar into a heavy-bottomed pan, rinse jar with ½ cup water and add to pan before simmering. You may also add ½ a can of full fat coconut milk if desired. Simmer covered.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, reduce water to ¼ cup or simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes until sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- Add two handful or more of fresh spinach leaves 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- After cooking is completed, allow to sit uncovered for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To temper the heat (spiciness), add extra ½ can coconut milk.